Park and Beach Information
McCook Point Park, Hole N’ Wall, & Cini Park
- Open daily from 8:00 a.m. to sunset
- Pets are permitted on beaches from the Tuesday after Labor Day until the Friday before Memorial Day ONLY**; must be under owners control at all times and it is the owner’s responsibility to clean-up all pet waste. Dogs are not permitted on the Niantic Bay Boardwalk at any time during the year.
- Restrooms are open and they will remain open until mid-November as weather permits. The upper restroom at McCook Point Park will not be opened this year.
- Contact the Parks and Recreation office for Pavilion reservations/availability.
- All East Lyme parks are Tobacco Free.
- State Statue 22-364 states that dogs must be under the direct control of their owners at all times when using town parks. It is the dog owner’s responsibility to clean up all dog waste.
- **NO PETS May 22 – Sept 7, 2020 AT ANY BEACH FACILITY: SEE BELOW REGULATION
State Regulation (Public Swimming Area Regulations) Section 19a-36-B61 (10) states domestic animals shall be prohibited in the water and the land immediately adjacent to the water of a public swimming area when the public swimming area is open for use.
PLEASE NOTE: Sale of beach passes began on May 20th. Please check back here and our Facebook page for updates.
Fees for 2020
Resident Season $40.00
Resident Season (Additional car) $30.00
Resident Senior (62 & over) $20.00
Active Military Resident Season Pass Free
Day Pass Monday-Friday: $40.00
Day Pass Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays: $50.00
*Season Passes are currently being sold to taxpayers of East Lyme only.
*A limited number of day passes will be sold each day and may fluctuate based on capacity restrictions on the beaches. Day passes will be sold at McCook Point Park main beach only and sales will begin at 7:30 AM.
As of Saturday, May 23 (Memorial Day Weekend) all vehicles must have a parking permit to enter the parks through September 2 (Labor Day). Park hours are 8:00 am to dusk. Lifeguards are on duty daily from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, beginning tentatively mid-June.
The pavilion, tent, and bandshell are available for full day or half day rental (9:00 am to 1:00 pm or 1:30 pm until dusk) during the summer season (Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day) for East Lyme/Niantic residents/taxpayers. Rentals are also available before Memorial Day and after Labor Day; Non-Residents are able to rent during that period. Please contact the Parks & Recreation office for information and availability.
Samuel M. Peretz Park at Bridebrook
221 West Main Street, Niantic
Baseball, soccer, basketball court, softball, lacrosse, utility fields
Cini Memorial Park & Niantic Bay Beach/Boardwalk
Route 156, Niantic – (located at end of boardwalk by Niantic Bridge)
Baptist Lane, Niantic
Liberty Green & Main Street Park
Corner of Main Street and Pennsylvania Avenue
McCook Point Park & Beach
8-10 Atlantic Street, Niantic
Main beach, pavilion, picnic area, restrooms, Hole-N-Wall beach, playground, bocce court, outdoor showers
31 Society Road, Niantic (Behind EL Middle School)
Little League, Pee-Wee football
Veterans Memorial Park
10 Memorial Park Road, Niantic
Baseball, softball, Oswegatchie Hills