The Veterans Representative helps veterans by directing them to the section of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs that can best assist them.
East Lyme’s Veterans Representative Brian Burridge can be reached at BrianRBurridge@gmail.com or cell phone (860)287-2683.
TVCCA’s Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) hosts Veterans Coffeehouses in multiple locations. The RSVP Veterans Coffeehouse will provide a comfortable location for all veterans – both men and women of any age – to meet, socialize, communicate and receive supported information regarding veterans benefits and services through state and federal agencies and programs. Veterans Coffeehouse are held in New London, Groton, Norwich, Stonington and Mystic. Meetings may become more frequent as attendance grows. Contact Gina King, RSVP Coordinator at (860)425-6617 or email@example.com for more information.
- Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Advocacy and Assistance
- Connecticut Department of Labor Office for Veterans Workforce Development
- Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Locations in Connecticut
- University of Connecticut Veterans Affairs and Military Programs
- Central Connecticut State University Office of Veterans Affairs
- CT 2-1-1 List of Veterans Benefits and Organizations
- CT 2-1-1 Benefits and Organizations for Veterans, Active Duty, National Guard and Reserves
- Property Tax Benefit Programs
- File your DD214 for safekeeping
Veteran ID Card
The purpose of the veteran identification card is to help veterans prove their military history without having to carry around their DD-214 certificates, which contains sensitive information. The new IDs do not replace VA medical cards or defense retiree card, nor do they qualify as official government-issued identification. What they do is identify the person is a veteran who has served in the U.S. Armed Forces. Veterans can apply online and will be asked to create an online account. For more information, contact the New London Veteran Affairs office at (860)447-5201, ext 6691, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00AM to 1:00PM.