I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of East Lyme for allowing me to serve as East Lyme’s First Selectman. My sincere thanks and admiration goes to Paul Formica, our new State Senator, who led our town with great love and dedication for so many years. Thanks Paul!
East Lyme is a wonderful place to raise a family. Marlene and I chose to move here 27 years ago to start our family… and looking back, we could not have chosen a better place. Serving the community and giving back has become a way of life for us. Marlene has served on the Board of Education for 10 years. I spent 10 years on the Zoning Commission before moving over to the Selectmen for the past five years. Like so many people, we feel giving back to our community is the right thing to do, because so much has been given to us.
Our natural resources; our beaches, the sound and waterways, the Hills, and Nehantic Forest all combine to make this a very unique, special place. Combine that with our talented citizens who tirelessly volunteer and lend their talents in so many different ways – in churches, youth programs, schools, ball fields, committees & commissions – everyone doing their part to make the fabric of East Lyme so vibrant.
East Lyme’s Park and Recreation programming is second to none. Our Director Dave Putnam, along with his able staff, work hard to ensure there is something for everyone. I encourage you to read through our entire list of programming and try something new! Meet some new friends, learn a new skill and celebrate the very best of East Lyme!
Mark C. Nickerson, First Selectman
First Selectman’s Blog
- Be A Volunteer April 14, 2018
- Issues and Answers – Introducing the Volunteer Corps March 10, 2018
- Issues and Answers – Dave Putnam, Parks and Recreation Director February 1, 2018
- First Selectman Mark Nickerson appears on the Murray Renshaw show October 18, 2017
- Issues And Answers – Meet Police Chief, Michael Finkelstein August 10, 2017
- A Serious Issue May 31, 2016
- Niantic Growing Pains July 14, 2015