To Report a Street Light Issue
The Town of East Lyme owns almost all of the streetlights in Town. Because of this, if you have non-urgent streetlight issues, please email the Department at PublicWorks@eltownhall.com.
The information that we will need when reporting an issue is as follows
- The Name of the person reporting the problem and the best contact number we can reach you in case we need to follow-up.
- The utility pole #. Almost all streetlight poles are numbered. The number is usually located about eye level in metallic numbers as shown in the image.
- The nearest street address.
- The problem. Some of the issues could be:
- A. The light is flickering
- B. The light is out
- C. The light is damaged and might fall to the ground (** See note below)
- D. The utility pole that the light was on is damaged or has been knocked down (** See note below)
- E. Other issue
** In the cases of items 4C & 4D, please call 911 IMMEDIATELY and the Public Works Department will be dispatched to repair the safety hazard.