Veterans Memorial Park is home to a regulation baseball field, a youth/high school softball field, and the Oswegatchie Hills Nature Preserve. The baseball field hosts Babe Ruth league practices & games and high school junior varsity practices & games. The softball field hosts little league, senior league and high school practices & games.
These fields and facilities are maintained with pride by our department staff so we ask that you please respect the grounds and facilities. Enjoy a scenic and relaxing walk through the trails or some fun and competitive baseball and softball! Below is some information about the park and the Town of East Lyme.
At the Park
- 8:00AM to Sunset (Unless scheduled night activities)
- Regulation size baseball field
- Regulation size softball field
- Restroom Facilities
- Entrance to Oswegatchie Hills Nature Preserve
- Are allowed within the park
- Must be under owner’s control
- Must be picked up after
- Are NOT allowed on the fields
- No golfing
- No Tobacco-related products or alcohol
Requests to reserve a field, questions or concerns within the park can be sent to: Parks and Recreation Email or 860-739-5828 .