Niantic Bay Beach is a roughly half mile long beach with the boardwalk going along the back edge. It is lifeguarded during the beach season, has two volleyball courts, and a fishing jetty. The beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing and watching sunsets. A beach pass is required to access the beach between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Please respect the grounds and facilities as they are maintained with pride by the East Lyme Parks and Recreation department staff for the enjoyment and use of our patrons. Whether you are here for a swim, walk, picnic, music or relaxation, we truly hope you enjoy your time here. Below is some information and links to our special events within the park and the Town of East Lyme.
Questions or concerns within the park can be sent to: Parks and Recreation Email or 860-739-5828.
At The Park
- Access to Boardwalk
- Restroom Facilities
- Outdoor shower tower
- Handicap Accessible Fishing Pier
- Picnic area
- Canoe/Kayak launch dock
At The Beach/Boardwalk
- Beach Pass Information
- Beach Hours: 8:00AM – 8:00PM
- Boardwalk Hours: Open Hours 24/7
- Two beach volleyball courts
- Fishing Jetty
- Lifeguards on duty in designated swim area only. When lifeguards are off duty, swim at your own risk.
- ONLY United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices (PFD) are permitted in designated swim areas. Mask and Fins are permitted, NO snorkels.
- Absolutely NO tobacco-related products or alcohol.
- Do not feed the seagulls!
- No Ball Playing or Frisbees permitted in the designated swim areas.
- No domestic animals permitted from the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.
- No kite flying – high voltage wires nearby.
- No open fires – No grills on beach.
- No glassware.
- No Pets (Except Service animals as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act)
- No Bikes
- No Skateboards
- No Rollerblades
- No Scooters
- Absolutely NO smoking or tobacco-related products or alcohol.
- The placing of memorabilia, trinkets, and padlocks, etc. is prohibited on railings,
chain link fencing or benches