The following may help you to be prepared for Spring and Summer.
- Many homes and businesses are equipped with Burglar and Fire Alarms. Complete and mail the Alarm Registration Form to ensure your information is up-to-date with our Dispatch Center.
- For some residents your spring-cleaning lists already include yard work and while there are restrictions on what items are acceptable, perhaps an Open Burn Permit will suit your needs.
- If you’re planning on having a recreational fire or a bonfire/campfire at your residence, the Dispatch Center needs to be contacted.
- Visit the Emergency Management page to learn about what to do to be prepared for storms and disasters.
- Visit the Fire Marshal page to learn about fire prevention.
- Get important local alerts from the Town of East Lyme via calls to your home, work, cell phone, by email or text message.
- Stay up to date on upcoming storms and weather alerts by visiting www.ctalert.gov . The CT Alert ENS (Emergency Notification System) uses the state’s Enhanced 9-1-1 (E9-1-1) database for location-based notifications to the public for life-threatening emergencies. But the E9-1-1 database includes only traditional wire-line telephone numbers in the state (the “land line” phone you may have in your home). CT Alert ENS Citizen Sign-up page allows you to add other means of communication to the CT Alert ENS, in addition to your current home phone (land line, POTS). Take a moment to visit www.ctalert.gov and sign up your mobile devices to receive the alerts.