Anyone conducting business in East Lyme under a name other than their own needs to file a Certificate of Trade Name.

The applicant must first go to the Zoning Office. Once that it is done, the applicant comes to our office and for a $10.00 fee places the name of their business on file. All those conducting or transacting the business must sign the certificate. The information from this document is then indexed in the Land Records.