There are statutory requirements for the filing of maps.
Once a map or survey is filed, it never leaves the office, except for microfilming. There are regulations concerning materials, printing process, signatures and seals on a map or a mylar as it is commonly called.

Maps are also entered into the computer system for indexing purpose. At this time, we have approximately 3900 maps on file. The cost of a map print is $3.00.

Flood maps are located in the Planning & Zoning Department. These are referred to by title searchers and homeowners and delineate the one hundred year flood plain for properties.