Absentee ballots are issued by the Town Clerk’s office. There is an application process first, then if all is in order, the ballot may be issued. Ballots are returned to the Town Clerk for delivery to the polls. There is a strict accounting of all absentee ballot applications and absentee ballots issued.
The Connecticut Secretary of State Absentee Voting page explains the absentee voting laws.
- Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Status Lookup – Verify your voter registration
- East Lyme Registrar of Voters – Register to vote
- State of Connecticut Online Voter Registration
- Application for Absentee Ballot (Fillable – Complete online then print)
- Solicitud de boleta de voto en ausencia en español (Rellenable: complete en línea y luego imprima )
- Application for Absentee Ballot for Referendum held with less than three week’s notice
- Solicitud de Boleta de Voto Ausente para Referéndum realizada con menos de tres semanas de anticipación
Mailing Address for Completed Applications:
Town of East Lyme
PO Box 519
Niantic, CT 06357