2016 Race Results
Niantic Bay 10k
The Niantic Bay 10k is an out and back course, that begins at McCook Point Park and makes its way through the Crescent Beach neighborhood, then into Old Black Point. This scenic route is mostly flat and includes beautiful views of the Niantic Bay and local beaches, a great run to kick off the summer!
Post race festivities will be held at McCook Point Park, include food and water and an award ceremony. Proceeds from this race benefit East Lyme Youth Services, and enables them to offer a free after school program daily throughout the school year.
Event details and schedule
Cost: $20 until June 7th & $25 June 8th through race day
Date: Friday, June 10th, 2016
Location: Registration and start at McCook Park, 8 Atlantic Avenue, Niantic, CT 06357.
Registration and Bib pickup: Race Night beginning at 4:30 p.m. at McCook Park, Niantic
* Early packet pickup will take place on Thursday June 9th from 8:30 AM-6:30 PM at the East Lyme Parks and Recreation Office.
5:30 p.m. 5k Walk Begins
6:00 p.m. 10k Race starts
7:15 p.m. Post Race festivities and refreshments will be provided
Registration: online or by mail
*Only registrations received prior to May 7th will be guaranteed a race shirt!
No refunds will be offered.
- Download and print the form below or complete the form in the event promotion flyer.
- Pay by check to be made out to: Town of East Lyme (credit cards not accepted by mail)
Note: “NB10k” in memo portion of check.
- All paper applications must be received by Tuesday, June 7th.
- Registration forms may also be returned to the Parks & Recreation office during their normal
operating hours of Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM. They are located at the address below.
- Mail entry form and payment to:
- In-person registration and check payment accepted from 4:30-6:00 PM.
Race Results and timing
- SNERRO Bib-Timing
- First Female Overall, First Male Overall
- 15 & Under, 16-19, 20-24, 25-29,30-34, 35-39, 40-44
45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79
The 10k course starts just outside the McCook Point Park entrance on Atlantic Street. The course will continue from Atlantic Street, left on Bayview Avenue, right onto Crescent Avenue and left on Black Point Road, taking a right at the stop sign onto Old Black Point Road, continuing through the gates of Old Black Point, following around Old Black Point Road, taking a left at the stop sign onto Great Wight Way, and a right back onto Old Black Point Road, and returning to McCook Point Park via the same route. The course is marked.
The Niantic Bay 10K is hosted by East Lyme Youth Services and Parks and Recreation. All proceeds from the event go toward supporting the Open Center Afterschool program which is available to all middle school students daily throughout the school year at no cost. Contact Mike McDowell at 860-739-6788 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.