On June 5th, see the Original Patriots Featuring Sheldon’s Horse – 2nd Continental Light Dragoons
- Dealing with the history of the American Revolution within the State of Connecticut.
- Program will include: Demonstrations on site from 10:30 am until 3:00 pm
- Dragoon public information on their roles in the revolution at the dining fly.
- Dismounted dragoons with staff set up as a billet operation as was done during the American Revolution.
- Dismounted dragoon drills.
- Dragoon horse picket line open to public visit.
- Libation memorial service for all veterans.
- Mounted dragoon drills.
- Crossed sabers demonstration including a saber dual on horse.
Facemask/coverings & Social Distancing are Required
The House and Barn will be open for tours on a limited basis, max 5 people per tour due to the pandemic, but there will also be “Through the Window Tours.”
Admission is free, donations greatly appreciated with all proceeds go to fund needed repairs to this Historic House.
June 5th from 10 am – 3 pm
Samuel Smith Farmstead c 1685
82 Plants Dam Road, East Lyme, CT