Absentee Ballots are available in the Town Clerk’s office for the upcoming Public Safety Building Referendum on February 20th. The Town Clerk’s office Hours are 8:00AM to 4:00PM.
Please be advised that per CT General Statutes Section 9-369c the Town Clerk’s Office cannot mail out absentee ballots for the upcoming Public Safety Building Referendum.
A Municipal Clerk may only provide an absentee ballot for a referendum held with less than three weeks notice to an elector who applies in person at the Office of the Municipal Clerk or to any one of the following people designated by the elector:
- A licensed physician, registered or practical nurse or any other person who is caring for the applicant
- A member of the applicant’s family
- A Police Officer
- Registrar of voters or deputy registrar of voters
In filling out the Absentee Ballot (ED-3R) Application the applicant must:
- State the reason for applying for an absentee ballot
- State if the ballot is to be given to them personally or to be given to the designee
- Sign the application
If you are designating someone to pick up your ballot you must fill out the right side on the application with:
- The name and address of the designee
- If they will be delivering and/or returning the ballot
- How they qualify to be a designee
- The designee must sign the form
The designee may mail the ballot to you (the elector) and then you may return the ballot by mail or have the designee return the ballot to the Town Clerk’s Office.
To obtain an absentee ballot, see the Absentee Ballot page.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE AT 860-739-6931 EXT. 1135