TO REPORT A STREETLIGHT ISSUE
The Town of East Lyme owns almost all of the streetlights in Town. Because of this, if you have a streetlight issue, please email the Department at email@example.com or call 860-691-4118.
The information that we will need when reporting an issue is as follows;
- The Name of the person reporting the problem and the best contact number we can reach you in case we need to follow up with you.
- The utility pole #. Almost all streetlight poles are numbered. The number is usually located about eye level in metallic numbers as shown in the image.
- The nearest street address.
- The problem. Some of the issues could be:
- A. The light is flickering
- B. The light is out
- C. The light is damaged and might fall to the ground (SEE NOTE BELOW)
- D. The utility pole that the light was on is damaged or has been knocked down (SEE NOTE BELOW)
- E. Other issue
IN THE CASES OF ITEMS 4C & 4D, PLEASE CALL THE DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY AT 860-691-4118 DURING THE HOURS OF 8AM-4PM MONDAY-FRIDAY. FOR HOURS OUTSIDE OF REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS, CALL 911 AND THE DEPARTMENT WILL BE DISPATCHED TO REPAIR THE SAFETY HAZARD.