Fire Danger Level Information
East Lyme Public Safety wants to remind you to obey local laws regarding open fires (camp fires, bonfires, fire pits, etc.). Even if you have received a permit from the Fire Marshal, the permit is not valid if the Forest Fire Danger is rated HIGH, VERY HIGH or EXTREME.
Some tips for Bush Fire Prevention
- Do not discard cigarettes from moving vehicles. Use ashtrays instead.
- When pulling to the side of the road, stay off dry grassy areas
- Do not operate all-terrain vehicles on dry vegitation areas.
- Check lawnmowers and farm equipment for properly working spark arresters
- Properly extinguish fires when cooking outdoors and never leave fires unattended!
For more information on fire prevention tips, see Connecticut DEEP Forest Fire Prevention Tips.