East Lyme Public Safety wants you to remember to:
- Never take your eyes off children in the water—not for a minute!
- Always designate a “pool watcher.”
The CPSC estimates that each year nearly 300 children younger than five drown in Swimming pools and spas and more than 3,200 children that age go to hospital Emergency rooms due to submersion injuries in pools and spas.
- Learn how to swim
- Install fences and other barriers
- Know basic water safety skills, such as CPR
- Use pool alarms and covers