Town Clerk’s Office Information – April 20, 2020

Do you need any of the following from the Town Clerk’s Office while the Town Hall is closed to the Public?

As of 3/24/2020 we are only accepting checks or money orders for all transactions.

**The Town Hall has a drop box at the front doors during business hours. If you leave something in that box please contact the appropriate department.**

Absentee Ballot

The Presidential Preference Primary was postponed to August 11, 2020. Any application that we have already received for the previously scheduled Primaries will be honored. In addition if you received a Blank Absentee Ballot (military or out of country) you can still complete that Blank Ballot and return it to us, they will be honored for the August 11th Primary.

If you need an absentee ballot for the August 11th Primary the applications are available on the Town website ( just print one off and fill it out and mail it to our office (PO Box 519, Niantic CT 06357). If you cannot print off an application please call our office and we will mail you one.

If you were going to be out of Town for the April Primary, but will be in Town for the August Primary please call our office.

Land Record Copies

Can be accessed on There is a free preview of the land records back to 1959 (most documents), but there is a charge ($2.00 per page) to print these documents. If you are unable to find a document on there please call our office (860-739-6931 ext. 1135) and we will assist you.

Land Record Recordings

We would appreciate it if you would mail your recordings to our office (East Lyme Town Clerk, PO Box 519, Niantic CT 06357). If you cannot mail your recordings to our office please call our office (860-739-6931 ext. 1135) and we will make other arrangements. We also now have a drop box out in front of the Town Hall during Business Hours. If you leave something to be recorded in the box please call our office and let us know.

Fish & Game Licenses

You can obtain your own Fish and Game License on the DEEP website. The fee for them is the same as it would be if the Licenses were bought in our office. If you do not have access to the internet please call our office and we will assist you.

Filing of Death Certificates

If you are from a funeral home; and need to file a Death Certificate please call our office 860-739-6931 ext. 1135. We would prefer if you mailed the document to our office, but if you cannot do that please contact the office and we will make arrangements.

Certified Copies of Birth, Death, and Marriage Certificates

These can be obtained through the mail. Mail the Town Clerk’s Office a written request, with a copy of your ID, and $20.00 (check) for each Certified. We will mail the certified copy to you the day we receive your request.

Dog Licenses

Mail us the dog’s rabies certificate, spay or neuter certificate, and a check ($8.00 if spayed/neutered, $19.00 if NOT spayed/neutered), we will mail you the dog license.

Marriage License

If you are getting married in East Lyme you will need to obtain your marriage license from the East Lyme Town Clerk’s office. Please call our office to make arrangements.

Shellfish Permits

If you need your Clamming License please call our office (860-739-6931 ext. 1135).

**This is just an overview of some of the services we provide, if you have any question please contact our office and if we can’t help you we will direct you to the office that can.

Karen Miller Galbo
East Lyme Town Clerk