Applications for assistance are CLOSED as of February 22, 2022 at 2:00PM as specified in the application document.
Small businesses and nonprofit organizations with operations in East Lyme may apply to the Town for pandemic related assistance through the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) program of the federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
To receive assistance, small businesses and nonprofits must meet eligibility requirements under provisions of ARPA and the governing regulations of the U.S. Treasury Department. An eligible organization must identify a negative economic impact caused by the pandemic and specify how the requested assistance from the Town will respond to that impact. For more information, please see home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0550.
Supporting Documentation Required
- Evidence/certificate of good standing with the Connecticut Secretary of State’s Office
- Proof of 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19) status (i.e., IRS determination letter)—nonprofits only
- Verification of the number of employees—small businesses only
- List of any federal, state, and local pandemic assistance applied for and/or received (i.e.,PPP loans)
- A detailed written statement by the applicant that
- (1) identifies a negative economic impact to the organization caused by the pandemic and
- (2) specifies how the assistance requested will respond to that impact
Requests for assistance must be made using the Application Form found below. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by the First Selectman’s Office no later than Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 2:00PM.
Applications can be emailed to: ARPsubcommittee@eltownhall.org or mailed to:
Town of East Lyme
First Selectman’s Office
P.O. Box 519
Niantic, CT 06357
Adobe PDF Reader is required to complete the Application Form.