The Southeastern Connecticut Council of Governments (SCCOG), in cooperation with the Town of East Lyme and the Connecticut Department of Transportation (CTDOT), have initiated the Route 161 Corridor Study to assess existing and forecasted conditions on the corridor and develop a comprehensive plan to guide future transportation improvements along the corridor.
The corridor study offers an opportunity to:
- Alleviate traffic congestion levels during peak travel hours
- Improve pedestrian and bicycle mobility
- Promote use of healthy and environmentally friendly modes of transportation
- Enhance transit ridership
- Improve safety for all users
- Integrate climate resilience