Date: Friday, September 14th, 2018
Location: Registration and start at McCook Point Park, 8 Atlantic Avenue, Niantic, CT 06357. Out and back course toward Black Point
Registration and Bib pickup: Race Night beginning at 6 p.m. at McCook Park, Niantic
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Entry: Ages 13+ $20.00 Pre-registeered, $25.00 after Sept. 11th
12 & Under $10.00 Pre-registered, $15.00 after Sept. 11th
Registration: online or by mail
*First 150 participants will be guaranteed a race shirt, sizes not guaranteed!
No refunds will be offered.
Online Registration: Click here to register
- Download and print the form below or complete the form in the event promotion flyer.
- Pay by check to be made out to: Town of East Lyme (credit cards not accepted by mail)
Note: “Rainbow Run” in memo portion of check.
- All paper applications must be received by Tuesday, September 11th.
- Registration forms may also be returned to the Parks & Recreation office during their normal
operating hours of Monday-Friday 8AM-4PM. They are located at the address below.
- Mail entry form and payment to:
- In-person registration and check payment accepted from 4:30-6:00 PM.
Race Results and timing
- SNERRO Bib-Timing
- First Female Overall, First Male Overall
- 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29,30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60+
- All runners must be present to receive awards and shirts
The Rainbow Run is hosted by East Lyme Youth Services and Parks and Recreation. All proceeds from the event go toward supporting the Jeffrey’s Rainbow Run Scholarship. Contact Mike McDowell at 860-739-6788 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Jeffrey’s Rainbow Run Scholarship
The 7th annual Jeffrey’s Rainbow Run is to honor the life of Salem Resident Jeffrey Bourgeois, who’s life was lost in a tragic accident in the Spring of 2012. Proceeds from this race fund a scholarship in his name given to three graduating students at East Lyme High School who look to further their education in the Animal Sciences field or a career in which they will work with children.
The East Lyme Youth Services Bureau in cooperation with the Bourgeois family will be awarding scholarships to three graduating High School Seniors in the amount of $1,500.00 who reside in East Lyme or Salem and will be continuing their education in a field related to animal studies or working with children.
Monies for this scholarship are in honor of Jeffrey Bourgeois and funded by proceeds from the annual Jeffrey’s 5K Rainbow Run held in September each year. For more information on the scholarship and the annual fun run please contact the Youth Services Bureau at 860-739-6788 or e-mail David Putnam at Dputnam@eltownhall.com.