Leaves will be collected during the following weeks on your regular collection day:
October 10 through December 15, 2017
(No collection Thanksgiving week.)
Week of May 7, 2018
Week of June 4, 2018
Week of July 9, 2018
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO BLOW OR RAKE LEAVES INTO THE ROAD. This will clog catch basins which can cause road flooding and icing. Leaves become very slippery when wet causing a hazard for motorists.
- Leaves must be in paper bags
- Leaves in plastic bags are not collected
- Bags can be obtained for $.50 at the Public Works Department in Town Hall between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. and at the Transfer Station which is open 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Tuesday thru Saturday
- Any other paper bags are also acceptable.
- Brush can be bundled in lengths of 4 feet or less
- Grass clippings are not acceptable. Please visit the US EPA web site for information on grasscycling.
- Leaves can be brought to the designated area at the transfer station free of charge; however, plastic bags must be emptied at the site.
- Home composting and home recycling of leaves are encouraged as environmentally desirable alternatives.