Leaves will be collected on your regular collection day
- October 9 through December 17, 2018 (No collection Thanksgiving week.)
- Week of May 7, 2018
- Week of June 4, 2018
- Week of July 9, 2018
Leaf Collection Policies
- IT IS ILLEGAL TO BLOW OR RAKE LEAVES INTO THE ROAD. This will clog catch basins which can cause road flooding and icing. Leaves become very slippery when wet causing a hazard for motorists.
- Leaves must be in paper bags
- Leaves in plastic bags are not collected
- Bags can be obtained for $.50 at the Public Works Department in Town Hall between 8:00AM and 4:00PM and at the Transfer Station which is open 7:30AM to 3:00PM Tuesday thru Saturday
- Any other paper bags are also acceptable.
- Brush can be bundled in lengths of 4 feet or less
- Grass clippings are not acceptable. Please visit the US EPA web site for information on grasscycling.
- Leaves can be brought to the designated area at the transfer station free of charge; however, plastic bags must be emptied at the site.
- Home composting and home recycling of leaves are encouraged as environmentally desirable alternatives.