MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. HOLIDAY MONDAY 1/15/18
MONDAY TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP ON TUESDAY 1/16/18.
TUESDAY TRASH WILL BE PICKED UP ON TUESDAY 1/16/18.
Trash must be out by 7:00 a.m.
Please hold until your next regular collection day if there is room in your cans.
If you have any questions, feel free to call the Department at 691-4118.
MESSAGE FROM THE EL PUBLIC WORKS DEPT
After the storm last Thursday, we sent our crews out on Friday morning to plow the sidewalks throughout Town but both pieces of equipment we use broke down at the same time. We were only able to get a portion of the sidewalks done in Niantic at that time before the breakdowns. We finally got one of the pieces of equipment going last night so we plan on getting it out first thing this morning to continue clearing the sidewalks. We will be using our backhoe as well to help break thru the huge piles at many of the commercial driveway openings. We are starting back in Niantic but will be working our way north to Flanders. We do have over 14 miles of sidewalks in Town, so please bear with us as we try to catch up on this work.
Additionally, please keep in mind that because of the Martin Luther King holiday on Monday, there will be no garbage collection that day. Because of this, we are planning on doing double collection next Tuesday January 16th. All residents and businesses with regularly scheduled pickup on Monday and Tuesday should have their containers out to the road by 7am on Tuesday morning.
If you ever have any questions of the Department, please feel free to call us at 860-691-4118.
Stay Safe This Winter
EL Public Works Director
Public Works Phone: 860-691-4118
This office consists of:
- Director of Public Works
- Town Engineer
- Highway Department
and can answer questions regarding:
- trash pick-up
- road work
- construction projects
- driveway permits.
- Current and Past Construction Projects
- Driveway/Right-of-Way Permit Form
- Flood Facts – Drainage System Maintenance
- Stormwater and the Construction Industry
- Outdoor Stormwater Classroom
- “Rainfall as a Resource” Brochure – A Guide to Stormwater Pollution by CT DEEP
- “Rainfall as a Resource — Rain Barrels” Brochure – A Guide to Stormwater Pollution by CT DEEP
- “After the Storm” Brochure – A Guide to Stormwater Pollution by the EPA
- CT DEEP Links/Newsletters — Sound Outlook & P2 View
- Citizen Reporting of “Suspected” Illicit Discharge — Water and Wastewater spill/dumping/disposal
- Highways, Streets and Streetlights
- Trash Collection
- Recycling and Trash Collection Schedule and Route Map
- Recycling – What Goes Where?
- Bulky Waste Collection
- Christmas Tree Collection
- Hauler Registration Form
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW)
- Leaf Collection Schedule
- Paper Shredding Now available at HHW collections!
- Prescription and Over-the-Counter Drug Disposal
- Transfer Station Hours and Location
- Trash and Recycling Bin Placement Guidelines
- Trash Bins – How to Buy One