It is the responsibility of the Assessor’s office to discover and list all taxable real estate and personal property (includes motor vehicles) within the town for taxation purposes. A grand list is then prepared which is the basis for the tax billing.
The Assessor’s office also administers many other programs. As these programs come up throughout the year news articles will appear in the local paper in greater detail. Please choose from the following list of programs for further information.
- Assessor Blind Persons
- Assessor Elderly and Disabled Homeowners
- Assessor Exemption for Motor Vehicles modified for disabled persons
- Assessor Motor Vehicle Tax Adjustment
- Assessor Personal Property Declaration
- Assessor Public Act 490 Farm Forest Open Space
- Assessor Tax Benefit Programs
- Assessor Totally Disabled Persons
- Assessor Veteran’s Exemptions